Nature Preserve will be closed Nov. 19, 2016 until noon for a closed hunt.
NatureFest September 30th and October 1, 2016
Get Directions To NatureFest (Click Here)
We are reconstructing our schedule from last year's cancellation. Please note the bold and underlined tentative and possibly in the event schedules.
Thanks to all our past and present sponsors & donors for your generous support.
↓ Look what we were able to do because of your generosity. ↓
FREE Fun For The Whole Family
2016 TENTATIVE Schedule
Schedule subject to change
- 7:00pm Hot Dogs by Brookshire’s
- 8:00pm Storytelling around the campfire
- 8:45pm Stargazing with East Texas Astronomical Society – Paul Shaw
- 8:00am 5K Fun Run “Chasing Bigfoot” $20.00 registration fee includes T-shirt
****Register at the event****
T-Shirts will be first come, first serve
Fun_Run_Registration | 20 USD
Click HERE for the printable registration form to pay with a check by mail.
All events from 8:30 on are FREE!
- 9:00 Birding with Boyd Sanders of Tyler State Park at Bridge Bob Pond
- 9:00-12:00 Kids Fishing at Bridge Bob Pond
- 10:00 Tours of the Nature Preserve
- 10:00 Amphibian Walk - Boyd Sanders
- 10:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 12:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 1:00 Blackland Prairie Raptors
- 2:00 Creature Teacher at the Pavilion - The Creature Teacher
- 3:00 Blackland Prairie Raptors
- 4:00 Order of the Arrow Indian Dance - Boy Scouts of America
- 4:00 Rock Throwing Contest
Nature Fest 2016
- Pottery and Weaving - Les and Muna Mitchell
- East Texas Woodturners' Association (ETW)
- Face Painting
- Horticulture - Master Gardeners
- East Texas Beekeepers Association - East Texas Bee Keepers Association
- Nature Books Mobile Library - Mineola Memorial Library
- Boy Scout Troop 385
- Texas Master Naturalist
- Fish and Wildlife Management by Wildlife Biologist - Mark McDonald
- St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church will be selling food on Saturday
You may want to bring a folding chair.
Funds raised from the 5K Fun Run will be used to maintain our new playground equipment at the preserve.
For information 1-800-646-3652